How mcsolas started their print or packaging design journey
On the beach front side of our new hotel, we have a large wall 13.4 meters wide where we are going to be putting up a banner. The contest is to blend our existing logos (one each for the hotel, cafe, surf cam) into a design filled on the borders with plants, flowers and other beach graphics.
Surf Inn Hermosa, Cafe Hermosa, CRSurfcam
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The hotel.jpg image explains the irregular shape of the banner. The stairs are shown in light grey on the template. We do no need any design in that area. I tried to lay this out in illustrator and it was too big, so I scaled the artboard down (10:1) from 1344 cm to 134 cm by 19 cm tall.
- Refer to the template file provided for general logo placements and staircase location.
- FONTS: Only the Surf Inn Hermosa (dungeon) and Cafe Hermosa fonts are chosen. Outside of that, all other type is free for any font of your choosing.
- COLOR: Feel free to adjust any and all colors of the included artworks and / or text to fit into the design.
- LOGOS: I have had to develop these very quickly and have never arranged them side by side like this. Feel free to make adjustments to them if you think it helps them blend better into the design.
- Cafe Hermosa (on the left near the staircase)- We want to make people aware that they can come up to the Cafe on the 3rd floor of the hotel. I have been using the tagline "Come join us at Cafe Hermosa"
- We would like to include the cafe hours near the logo, potentially with an arrow towards the top left, indicating to go up the stairs.
- ** updated: we no longer want to embed the restaurant hours, so just use: "Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner"
- Use the text "3rd Floor" somewhere near the where we mention breakfast/lunch/dinner and have the arrow pointing to go upstairs.
- Surf Inn Hermosa logo: - Middle placement, most prominent logo.
- CRSurfcam logo: on the right. Text "Daily Surf Photos"- this one one needs work on the orientation of the text / website / logo placement.
- No imagery of people.. use other imagery to convey the theme of restaurant / smoothies / café is upstairs.