UQ ePress (an imprint of UQP: http://www.uqp.com.au)
UQ ePress is an academic publishing imprint of UQP (http://www.uqp.com.au). We publish academic books (not textbooks) in the Pacific Studies area. UQ ePress is a new imprint and the Pacific Studies Series is a new series.
Our objective is to combine the best of print publishing traditions with the rich promises of online and digital offerings for scholarly communication. To support the local and international academic community around us, and to help stimulate the free flow and development of new knowledge, the UQ ePress is an online open access publisher. We also utilise print-on-demand facilities to distribute our works in print formats.
UQP has been publishing books for over 60 years and is known for the high quality books we produce.
Readers of academic books and specialised non-fiction. We also want to capture the interest of academics within the Pacific Studies field. These books will not be targeting schools market. The books will be primarily available as ebooks (with a print book also available), so cover need to read well on screen. Cover needs to communicate that this is a new series academic books series.
Full book cover template for first book in Pacific Studies series.
• Not textbooks. We want non-fiction book style (see UQP Academic Books http://www.uqp.com.au for examples)
• Design: classic, simple, clear, serious. Strong and interesting typographical elements (no italics). Not gimmicky. Attached are sample designs that we like.
• Cover shouldn’t be a literal interpretation of the title, as the design will be applied to other books. Require a general template that reflects the Pacific Studies category.
• Needs to be able to be easily manipulated (by us) to suit new books in the series. Elements that will change: title, author, & back cover blurb. Also like to be able to change a subtle design element e.g. colour, icon, image etc., but this is not essential.
• Don’t want images as primary design element, but can be used. Please stick to cheap or free images (we will purchase).
• Allow for long & short titles & author names. Subtitles don’t need to be as prominent as the title.
C format cover: front /back cover each 227x152mm
Spine width: 23.75mm (this book only)
Title: The Samoan Tangle: A Study in Anglo-German-American Relations 1878–1900
Author: Paul M. Kennedy
Series name: UQ ePress Pacific Studies Series
Front cover: book title, author name, series name
Spine: book title, author, UQ ePress logo (supplied)
Back cover: series name, dummy text for blurb (approx 200 words)