Need an updated design for our website. Study content from an existing website and create a new design that is clean yet eye-catching and modern, and better reflects â€œwho we areâ€ to clients, prospective clients, and potential employees.
Accepted File Formats:
Standard Web Formats (.jpg, .gif or .png); HTML, CSS, JS
Review our current site to get a general idea of what we do and who we are as a company, and to get a general idea of the content that we intend to provide: http://www.treosolutions.com
- We would like a modern, perhaps Web 2.0 style layout that is clean and simple (elegant) in design with intelligent use of whitespace.Â Busy and cluttered is to be avoided.
- The existing company logo must be prominent on every page, but additional graphics are at the discretion of the designer.
- Deliverables must include 1) home page design, 2) page template/ layout for secondary content pages that carries over the main thematic elements of homepage, and 3) we would also like to see designers take a bit of additional liberty in the design of a separate page specifically for attracting future employees.Â This page should maintain common thematic elements of home page and other pages, but can be edgier and less formal.
- The pages should be primarily built using standard HTML, CSS, and images only, but scripting and Flash are also acceptable. Tables should be avoided for positioning (CSS preferred).
- All code must be W3C and fully cross-browser compliant (at the very least, IE6 & higher, plus the latest versions of Firefox).
- The readable content should fit within a screen width of 780 - 1000 pixels.Â When viewed in larger resolutions the site should expand to fill the screen but not stretch the content.Â Initial thought is for a fixed width screen-centered layout, with a page background image that will fill left and right sides of center content, but we are open to other layouts as well.
- The design should be built to accommodate up to 8 navigation bar links on the homepage and secondary pages. The links should be CSS text based rather than graphical elements (although CSS-driven background image replacement is also a possibility â€“ we would work with winning designer to create specific links for image based navigation). Separate states for active/hover are required.
- No copyrighted images should be used inappropriately â€“ low res or other versions are OK for design proposals.Â We will cover cost of image rights once final design is chosen.
- Structure of navigation area(s) can be vertical or horizontal, we have no preference.
- Must be a dedicated footer section for company address/phone number/â€contact usâ€ link.Key Themes:
- Clean, uncluttered layout with eye-grabbing graphics
- CSS based navigation bar (can be horizontal or vertical) with rollover effects
- Uncluttered look with limited content on the home page. The focus of the home page is to present an appealing visual welcome to site visitors, tell an instantly recognizable â€œstoryâ€ about Treo Solutions as a mobile, hip, experienced, data driven healthcare intelligence company.
- Two company slogans are â€œHealthcare performance through transparencyâ€ and â€œBusiness intelligence for healthcare improvementâ€. Designs that can somehow incorporate both these slogans interchangeably (not both at the same time) into the homepage get extra credit!Â This could be either a scripted text change, or CSS or graphical text that is easily manipulated by us once final site is in place.The Treo Solutions logo can be downloaded from the following link.
Â Here are some examples of site designs that we like:Â
http://www.teamviget.com/Â (as an example of a site that we find appealing to prospective employees)
http://sirius.intersoftpt.com/sampl…sArc.aspxÂ (This one requires SilverLight. Although a plug-in is not desired we like the modern use of images)Â
http://www.onwardengineering.com (this one is a good example of the clean, simple layout we prefer, but still tells a story about the company)Â
http://www.vpfund.com/ (another layout we like for its clean elegance, eye-catching use of graphics and the way it puts the company story front and center)Â
ABOUT US: Our company is a small business (30 employees) that delivers data solutions that provide visual insights into complex healthcare data.Â Being small, we are very mobile and adaptable, but our employees have a tremendous amount of healthcare industry experience that allows us to work with very large and mature clients.Â Our work environment is casual, laid back, and fun, but serious when called for. The website design should convey this message.Â Our primary site audience includes providers (hospitals), payers, government entities, and potential employees.
There is the potential for the winning contestant to perform separately reimbursed follow-on work.