IGskills and Infogenetics
IGskills provides athletes and coaches in the youth and amateur markets with a powerful way to improve skills and track their progress online.
We are building products with celebrity athletes in the NBA, MLB, and NFL, as well as many college teams, and youth leagues.
We are all not only sports enthusiasts but also experienced technology entrepreneurs.
Athletes watch skills videos and track their progress with our IG Matrix (tm) and coaches use our platform to track their team's skills development.
Audience: Youth and amateur basketball players and coaches.
Our product has to appeal to the young, driven, tech savvy athlete group, while also being accessible and easy to understand for coaches. The athletes who use our product expect a modern, polished, dynamic product with community features (facebook, twitter).
Our goal is to create an online environment that immediately instills trust in our quality while also providing an attractive place to interact with other players and to spend hours learning skills each week
Overall look and feel: cool, modern, vibrant, dynamic, but not overly busy or complicated. Should be compelling to a tech savvy, young adult basketball player.
Design should flow across entire page (no hard box borders in middle). See adidas basketball site.
Main colors on home page: blues, white, gray, or black. Highlights and/or secondary pages may also have red, orange, green, yellow. You may use non-primary shades of these colors. Please don't make the site overly complicated or busy.
The Matrix image (our core product measurement tool) needs to be on the home page somewhere. It can go in the "how it works" button, or you may integrate it somewhere else.
Button/tab design: I don't want to use the standard primary color buttons that you see on many websites today. I want a modern, minimalist design for the buttons and tabs with clean lines.
Lines/fonts: clean, modern, dynamic
Home page - **see new rough sketch in attachments
The basic layout/navigation stays the same.
- Expand the central rotating slide show image to cover the entire central form field (what is now occupied by the coach's intro and the intro paragraph).
- do not use arrows on the sides of the slide show, only dots at the bottom edge.
- Photos: if you have images of athletes (high school/college aged) that you would like to use that’s fine. Otherwise, I have provided some stock photos. I would like images of the athletes “cut out” of the photo with a solid colored background. See the adidas basketball site (third rotating image) for a reference on how to place a lighter background immediately around the photo and have it fade out to the margins.
Artwork/graphics: IMPORTANT to the overall feel of the home page. **see new rough sketch in attachments. Also use IGlogo Matrix for reference on design of the squares. Note that some of the squares have shading, others don't.
I want a cool, modern graphic that is incorporated/used in the central image and that spills over the edges to the margins. Please refer to the concept used on the adidas basketball site - home page. Do not copy this site. Just use this as a reference for how graphics are used from the margin to the central image.
http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/per…das_cc=us/. You may use the same squares from our official IG logo matrix (see attachments). If you create your own squares, I would like squares that are stylized…perhaps squares that are elongated, slanted, or stretched out. The shapes don’t have to look uniform or be the same size. A shadow should be used to make some of the squares appear to be floating. I would like the graphic to show some movement – flowing in a path or contour from the bottom left of the screen to the upper right. The graphic should be able to lend itself to be used in our printed marketing brochures.
- Create a new action well at the bottom of the page (so that there are now three action wells)
- Move the "coach's intro - 1 min tour" button to a new action field at the bottom left of the page. Use the still image of the coach and a transparent nav arrow on top.
- Create a "how it works" box to the right of the coach's intro box. This will have numbered steps 1 - 3 to entice users to interact. May place a small version of our matrix image here. You may also place the "view demo" button here if not in the main rotating slide show.
- reduce the size of the testimonials action well to match the other two next to it.
- I'm creating a flash product demo (screen capture video showing how the product works online). I need a new "view demo" button somewhere on the bottom 1/3 of the central rotating image.
- Create a "Sign up Now" button and place it at bottom right of rotating image field.
- tabs at top of page.
(see layout in attachments). I'll leave re-design up to you. Layout of the tabs and buttons needs to stay the same. Design should incorporate an athlete image and some of the artwork/graphics from the home page.
What I like: the basic layout is OK although I think I'd like to have the background completely surround the central image - see adidas.com/basketball. (I know this is a change from my initial notes.) But I'm open to your ideas of what works best. I want to keep the user interface simple and intuitive.
What I don't like: it's boring and looks home made. It doesn't pull in the viewer. I need a design that presents a call to action visually and via my marketing text. Also, the colors don't really work well together.
Note: Please do not directly copy any of the designs or artwork in the images below. The last thing I need is a lawsuit!
I like the vibrant, dynamic, modern feel of this site. I like how the graphics spill over the central slide show images and unify the site. I also like its simple navigation. On the other hand, the graphics are too dominant (take up too much space) and perhaps a little too masculine and edgy.
I like the modern, cool vibe of this design. However, I don't want to use silhouettes for the player images (we'll use real photos). I also don't want a design that is too specific to a location (city).
I like the clean look and feel and some of the background artwort. But some of the sites are little too serious and dark. Also, I prefer a little more graphic design work enhancing the photos.
http://www.wilson.com - some interesting graphics, but kind of a boring site overall
http://www.gatorade.com - although there are is no interesting artwork to enhance the photos, I like the clean look and simple navigation.
http://www.puma.com, - some cool graphics
competitor: ihoops.com - I like that it allows the real videos of players to be showcased, but it is not really a compelling site. I want a site that is represents a unique look and feel: vibrant, dynamic, energetic, serious, intelligent but human/personal