This contest is for a new 'Responsive' website for my wealth management firm. I have listed several sites that I like as part of this brief. Please review these sites and my comments as this reflects much of the style/theme ideas I like.
The site should represent our core values:
Integrity, Competence, Family, Creativity, Teamwork, Health
Key design points for my site include:
- Clean design with a little bit of an edge. My company is a financial services company so I need a professional look, but I also want a bit of an "edge" to the design. Most of the sites I include have this "edgy" feel.
- Use of large "Hero" image on homepage and striking imagery throughout.
- Clean and simple top level navigation - present on all pages.
- I DO NOT want a single-page website. This is a trend today. It is used in many of the example sites which I have included in this design brief, however, I want each top level menu item to link to a separate individual page.
- The site is relatively light on content. Deliberately so. This is a great opportunity for the text/typography be part of the design. Remember that this is a website and as such web fonts should be used.
- I do not know if I want a light or dark site. These two sites are favorites, you will notice they have a darker palette:
This site is another favorite, a lighter one this time:
And a lighter one again:
And a very clean, lighter site - albeit a little too much of a technical site:
Regardless of the palette, each of the above sites have a clean, cohesive design. The typography is effective. They are edgy yet professional. These are design factors I value.