YusakG.F.X. was very responsive and took feedback very well - this is always the most important pair of qualities you should look for in a designer. The design produced was clean and on point, and the font and color palette selection was spot-on right from the first design iteration. I would gladly choose to work with this designer again.
How Don.c.burton started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
BabyFolio is an online multimedia babybook that helps parents discover and develop their unique baby
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
1. Proust.com-- very similar concept except focuses on capturing grandparent/adult stories
2. erly.com-- I like the visual/graphic feel of this site (how do we get a similiar visual/fun feel while at same time delivering more content/substance/text like in Proust.com
3. Totspot.com-- is probably the site most closely competitive with babyfolio so it is interesting to see what the competition is doing. Once you input a baby, I like the photo wallpaper totspot uses to try to create an emotional feel for cute baby stuff.
1. Welcome/Home Page- The homepage should introduce our company and what we do as well as present compelling calls to action (eg Get Free Development Profile) to solicit visitor signup. It should convey a warm, yet sophisticated emotion consistent with supporting a baby's learning, growth and development (See first page of wireframes- attached ppt doc)
2. Child Folio Page (homepage once member)- Each child in the family will have their own Folio and thus Folio Homepage. It should be an exciting visual snapshot of recent developments/stories. It needs to be emotional (the ooh an ahh of seeing your baby, while delivering some substance about what is up (almost like a quick fun baby resume) (See attached wireframes- Child's Folio page 2.0/2.1)
Our welcome page copy reads: Create & share the story of your children’s unique development. Capture those precious moments and turn your library into a tool to discover & develop your child’s special story.
The service targets first time moms and their extended families. It scaffolds the adults in a baby's life as they try to discover and develop the different aspects of their child’s mind and identify their special profile. Minds are like tool chests. They are filled with detailed instruments used for thinking, learning and applying what’s learned. BabyFolio has relationships with the world’s leading educational research institutes & experts; and has devised with them and the latest research, a simple yet proprietary framework to organize a profile.