On the home page the artist is able to create an account. They click the sign up button and register their email-address. (basically like the log-in page of Facebook only you need to make clear why they should create an account.
The motivations for the artists are :
- Increase their current fan-base because there tracks will be discovered by music fans in our app. (see current designs)
- Automatic research report with representative feedback on tracks (this helps them to choose their single for an album but also where to promote themselves as an artist.
- Being found by artist recruiters, DJ’s, record labels and artists and publishers. Same reason that companies like demodrop and spinnup are using.
After receiving a confirmation e-mail they have to set up their account, giving us information about themselves like age, gender, city and other info. They are also able to connect various social networks like Facebook, Spotify, SoundCloud or Instagram. The sign up process is done via connecting through Facebook.
2. Once registered the artist goes to their personal dashboard page. They see the tracks they have uploaded through this portal. If they haven’t yet uploaded any tracks they don’t see any in the list.
3. In the top right corner there is a drop down menu where the artist can change their personal info and connect other social media (see attachment) platforms. Connecting extra social media platforms will be in their benefit music fanatics in the application can see this info in the application.
Track upload page
4. On the Dashboard there should be a button stating something in the trend like “Upload your track”. Here the track is uploaded and some info about the track is asked.
5. After submitting their demo they go through to the process of adding their info about themselves, the track, personal info, bio, experience, motivaton, etc. The information will later be used in the app and is not displayed on the website.
6. The main incentive to upload a track for the artists is to get the chance to be recruited by A&R managers and reach potential fans. Moreover they are able to have data insights in their tracks such as which track has most potential, best region for festivals, which channels to use for promotion and so on. They will have to pay to receive a detailed report like this. An e-mail is sent to the artist stating the available insights he/she can get in a report and the cost associated with each insight.