Polar Party 20 "Nå i 2D"
We've been creating non-profit computer parties for young people since 1997. Usually about 800 people gather to play games on their computers, enjoy our large arcade, watch movies in our ad-hoc cinema, watch concerts and stage shows on our main stage, etc. Kind of like a LAN party, but with loads of other stuff thrown in the mix.
The event is called "Polar Party 20 Nå i 2D", the last part is the event title in Norwegian, translated to "now in 2D" in english. We've been organizing 20 events since 1997, and we celebrate this with a look back in time. In addition, the name is a pun on the constant push of 3D at the movies/cinema nowadays.
We tend to not have too serious of a profile and have had playful logos earlier. How you interpret the theme for this year ("now in 2D") is up to you. We've been thinking about a movie poster-style or platform game design, but it's up to you.
We are geeks. Most of our participants are geeks. The target audience is mostly geeks but also parents and the press.
We have a well-known brand, and the aim is to build it even more. Our target audience is between 15 and 24 years old, many gamers but some non-gamers. Geek is quite describing :-).
Some examples of the people that will visit the site:
* Male gamer from the local area, 15-19 years of age, going to the event as a casual gamer but also interested in other events.
* Male "pro" gamer travelling some distance, usually 19-24 years of age, going to the event in the pursuit of glory and prizes.
* Female or male casual gamer/chatter/newfound geek, 15-18 years of age, going to the event just to have a good time and meet some friends.
* Hardcore geeks, usually 18-26 years of age, going to the event for the social part.
* The press
* Parents of participants, going to the site because their kids are going to the event or because they've heard about it and checking out if this is something for their kids
Pictures from events:
We want the website to be informational with clear links to different sections (with the possibility of a sub menu), a spot for latest headlines, etc. We do not have a logo yet, so that is part of your assignment :-). Feel free to use our standard logo "piblue" as a design element.
We want the design to consist of:
* Design elements in vector (SVG/AI/EPS/PDF)
* Fonts available for use
* Icons in tune with the design
* A quick-link to purchase tickets ("KJØP BILLETTER", http://polarparty.no/pp19)
* News listing with headlines
On the site itself we usually have a set of standard "top menu" items: Home/first page, informasjon (information), nyheter (news), underholdning (entertainment), konkurranser (competitions), crew, kontakt (contact). We usually have 6-8 top-level menu items.
It's a plus if you can convert the design to HTML and CSS, but it is NOT required. It can be influential on the final choice of design if there is a tie.
We want three different pages:
* Main (front) page with latest news stories where news items can have illustrational images.. one story on top with other stories in two columns beneath
* News page, archive where all news stories are listed, with news items that can have illustrational images
* Pages, where you have a news story or informational page shown. These pages should have top stories profiled, for example as boxes on the side or another way
Some of our events:
* Polar Party 19 first contact web: http://polarparty.no/pp19, 99designs: http://99designs.com/web-design/con…arty-33381 />
* Polar Party 18 tjuvraddar ("thieves!") web: http://polarparty.no/pp18/, 99designs: http://99designs.com/web-design/con…sign-19324 />
* Polar Party 17 varulvane kjem ("the werewolves are coming") web: http://polarparty.no/pp17/