TotelFootball operates a betting service which brings the excitement of Tote-style pool betting to the already great format of fantasy football games. Like existing games, fantasy managers pick a team of 11 players from teams in selected Premiership fixtures. The selected players will earn points based on their performance in the real-life fixtures. The better the players perform, the more points a team will earn and the higher up the league table the fantasy manager’s team will finish.
The game differs from the existing fantasy manager games as follows:
(1) Unlike other fantasy football games, this is a betting service. Each customer must bet money to enter a team into the competition pool. This creates a large prize pool, with 80% of the pool paid out as prize money to the top 5% of managers.
(2) It’s a new game each week, so customers will be engaged throughout the entire Premiership season.
(3) We are primarily focussed on providing the infrastructure to enable the established betting operators and sports media sites to offer this service to their customer bases.
View the following video to get an understanding of what the game entails...
We wish to do a redesign of the Homepage and the My Teams page.
The page will be structured as follows:
- The page should be 1020 pixels wide, but bordered to fill the screen.
- The page will be structured...
- The header will fill entire width of page. It will contain the logo, and the login/account details for the user.
- The main body of the page will be 760 pixel wide, enabling deployment as a facebook application.
- The right column will be 260 pixel wide.
- The footer will fill entire width of page.
Use the logo attached. Select the colour for the Totel depending on the header background.
For rough layout (minus some functionality) see homepage_layout.png.
- The main purpose of the homepage is:
(1) to educate site visitors about the game.
(2) to get them to play the game.
The managers image attempts to achieve (1).
Attached is a PSD of this image. If you feel it works well with your site design, feel free to use. No issue if you'd prefer a completely different approach.
The Betting Pool (€1,000 pool) & Practice Game panels on the page attempt to achieve (2). These might better be replaced with an explanation of what's involved..
"1. Pick your players
11 players in 4-4-2 formation.
Max. 2 players per club.
2. Enter your team
Stake from €2 to €200. You choose!
Play for the main pool or enter a Private League to compete with your friends.
3. Enjoy the Games
If your team performs well you'll be in the money.
Not ready to stake money as yet?
Why not practice with our free to play game. There's great prizes up for grabs each week."
Note: 1 & 2 will use help mouseovers as shown on http://www.brucebetting.com/fantasyfootball.asp to better explain the service. Include the help icon.
"Play Now" and "Practice" buttons / links should be used as appropriate.
- Login & password should be presented at top RHS of the webpage.
- Incorporate a countdown timer into the page (similar to functionality on http://www.11kicks.com homepage)
- Blog link should be more prominent within the page. Move from the footer area to the top nav bar.
- Microblogging to be incorporated into main body of home page. The functionality will present as homepage_microblog.png.
- Social media links should be added to the page. Place as you feel appropriate.
- The game explanation video should remain on the front page.
- Layout of the footer area to take inspiration from other betting sites.
- "Join Now" button. Not sure whether this is worthwhile. Use your discretion.
The right column will contain the following:
- Fixtures & Results
- Pool Winners & Pitch Layout. Visit http://www.brucebetting.com/fantasyfootball.asp to see this functionality at work.
MY TEAMS PAGE
For layout see my_teams.png
- Design page for when the user is logged in. To log into the site.
- Timer to be placed at top of right hand column.
- Microblog to be incorporated in right hand column area of the site.
- Dropdown Menu will contain:
- FA Premiership (English League)
- Serie A (Italian League)
- Primera Liga (Spanish League)
- Bundesliga (German League)
- Champion's League
- Gameweek 28
Teams entered in this competition
- Pitch Layout: In general the pitch area works reasonably well as do the player points mouse-overs. However we do welcome suggestions as to how this can be improved.
- Subs Bench Layout: The subs bench needs to be better designed.