We are a mid-sized heating and air conditioning company in BC, Canada. We install/ repair/ service furnaces, boilers, air conditioners, hot water heating systems etc.
Relative to any of our competitors, most of our business is driven from the web. Our web-shy competitors mostly use print-ads. From what we can find - we are already one of the most trafficed HVAC websites in the country - but we can be Much, Much better.
Our business model is attracting people to us through advertising or word of mouth - visiting their home and giving them a consultation/ selling heating or cooling equipment. Trust is a key factor in our business. We are an accredited BBB members with an A+ rating - the BBB logo/ link to our rating should be featured prominently on the site. People buy from us because they can trust us. We will be greatly expanding on the site in the future to integrate videos of us discussing and answering various HVAC questions.
We strive for quality of work and professionalism. The majority of our work is residential equipment replacement and some commerical boilers. We do not do any new construction work. We sell direct to homeowners - mostly 35-65 years of age.
- We are a people oriented company - that drives our sales - face-to-face interaction for example at trade shows - drives a great deal of our business.
Our target audience is anyone living inside the lower mainland of BC. Anywhere within 50 KM of Vancouver, BC. In addition, we would also like to be a resource website for anyone living in Canada looking for assorted info on HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning)
- An important element of the main-page is maybe a map of the lower mainland or something showing all the areas we service (be creative) - otherwise people may not know were local
1) Clean, Clear, Crisp, Professional - Web 2.0 style, not messy or scattered
2) The website should be compatible with the vast majority of browser types and resolutions including Mac computers - not sure but 940px width?
3) There are two main focuses of the page. The various products we sell which should be categorized under Furnaces, Boilers, Hot Water Heating - were open but possibly small photos of our top 3-4 major brands in each category. Furnaces: Pics of a few different furnaces. Boilers: Pics of a different boiler Hot Water: Pics of a few different models. It's important that people don't think that these are not the only brands we deal in - were just highlighting a few - needs creativity
4) The other main focus of the page is us - a picture of the owners office staff, field staff - (please leave a placeholder area so our coder can add the pictures later). People will buy from us if they feel comfortable who they are dealing with - needs creativity
5) The page should have a feel that we are price conscious - we do provide good prices/ good value without specifying price.
The two pages I would like designed are:
1. The homepage.
2. A generic content page, which we'll use as the template for all other interior pages on the site.
Homepage: The site top navigation bar: Home / About Us / Repair & Service / Furnaces / Heat pump / Boilers/ Duct Cleaning / Contact Us/ FAQ/ Ask an Expert
For the menu bar at the top and general clean look of the site i like http://www.apple.com/ca/
I like dell for their nice use of white space, clean images & layout + use of some flash
It's too wordy but http://www.holderconstruction.com/P…fault.aspx uses white space well - looks clean and professional
We're not designers - were open to any and all ideas for layout.
If you want to use images of furnaces on the website - use images of high efficiency furnaces: American Standard, york, carrier, amana, or goodman
for Boilers - use images of Laars, Superhot, Viessmann Vito100
for hot water tanks and hot water on demand - use images of:
Bradford White, Rheem, Navien