We are looking for a great design for a Flash-based guide for tourism to an area.
Interactive Activity Guide
Accepted File Formats:
Layered Formats (.psd or .tiff)
Earth & Sky Studios is launching a new website â€“ an Interactive Visitorâ€™s Guide that will use a map interface and location dots to attract and drive tourism to an area.Â Â
The site design needs to be very approachable and yet maintain a unique look. The site visitors will range in age, and it needs to be friendly to a wide variety of travelers. The winning design will be intuitive yet fresh, comfortable and exciting at the same time.
Â Standard corporate colors are a no-go. Interface needs to be designed so that colors can be changed gracefully â€“ winner may be contracted after contest to develop additional themes.Â We are partial to greens, oranges, and earth tones with a bit of punch - but are open to other colors schemes.
The end site will be applicable for several different areas, so the design needs to use the area title Anytown, USA. Use the jpg of this map as a placeholder (not the actual location or map, but for placement only.)Â
For a visual of a similar project we've done previously, please look at http://www.okanogancountry.com and click on Flash Maps on the left hand side.
This is a list of the main interface elements. Further description of some of the elements is provided below.
Â * Map window (use jpg provided here FPO)
* Map tools (zoom, pan, reset & print)
* Title (name of the area in map â€“ use Anytown, USA)
* Header images (Use list below)
* Map sub-categories (Use list below to get an idea. Please design one icon toÂ establish a look,Â but you canÂ re-use the same one forÂ placement if necessary. Â We could have more or fewer of these, so need to have a layout that will have arrows to cycle through or something like that, sliding tab that hides behind map, or something even more creative if the icons get to be more than can display on the interface.)
* Location listing box (a box to display the selected location from a dot on the map. This needs to be a nice box and really catch your eye, and should include a picture which is provided here.)
*My Trip ( a box will pop up when this is clicked that will include all the locations people have clicked to include in their itinerary.)
*Featured Location (this could be a box that pre-loads on the map, or a permanent space with a rotating listing. Be creative!)
* Ad space ( this will be a tall or wide rectangle for ad display, think banner ad space)Â Â Â
-Main categories include: Each of these should be in text.
Arts & Culture
Each of the above text elements will have icons as subcategories. YOU ONLY NEED TO DESIGN ONE ICON - OTHERS WILL BE CONTRACTED LATER.
Â Â On the map itself
Â - Toolbox with:
Â Location Pop-up Box (displays from a dot on the map, when an icon is clicked)
FPO image and this FPO listing info:
Best Value Vacation Resort
Come stay at our lovely Best Value Vacation Resort! We have all your favorite amenities, including pool and spa, full breakfast, balconies and views from every room, and high speed internet access. Visit our site for special discounts.
-Add to My Itinerary
Here's some sites that we like in their layout, style and format.
http://www.learnlakenona.com/Â our favorite of the bunch*