Re-design the website of a software company called Strategis. The new site will feature their flagship software product called "OneOffice". The new web site should have a corporate look & feel, but should be engaging and visually interesting (consistent with business card graphic design). Provide us with PSD files. Site will be HTML-based, not Flash-based.
Strategis' main software product is called "OneOffice". Their core business is selling and supporting this product.
OneOffice is an ERP / Supply Chain management software tool. According to Strategis the key benefit of OneOffice is that it pulls together critical information from a wide variety of sources and neatly summarizes this on one screen. Apparently this is a fairly unique and powerful feature for this type of software.
The motivation for re-designing the current website is to improve the website's conversion rate. Statistical analysis has revealed that the company's marketing successfully brings visitors to the site, but that they are not currently converting these visitors into leads. A fresh, attractive design with improved site content is what we believe is required – which is where you come in.
- Consistent look and feel with the “Streamlining through Transparency” business cards and graphics (see below). For example, consider using line art like on the back of the business card.
- Visit our web site to download files for the project including a wireframe layout, the company logo, and other graphics.
- Use blue, white, yellow and gray colour scheme (similar to the colour scheme of the business card)
- Content area should have white background
- 988px fixed-width graphic design (see wireframe)
- Preferably a sans-serif font for any text (web-safe).
- We're willing to spend up to 20 credits on iStockPhoto for any stock photography you would like to use (this will not come out of the prize money).
- Don't feel too restricted by the wireframe. It is a guide as to where we want content elements, not what we want them to look like.
- Other Notes- Demographic will be only corporate customers.
- Client liked the look and feel of the following website (Strategix Software is the company that developed OneOffice. The flyout menus don't work in Firefox 3, best viewed in IE for this reason):- http://www.strategixsoftware.com/
- Below are the websites of Strategis' main competitors. Some of these aren't as good as others, but they should give you an idea of the standard against which the website you are designing will need to compete. Do not use these websites as design references, but rather for information about the industry.- http://www.advancederp.co.nz
- More competitor information can be found here:- http://www.istart.co.nz/ERP-SCM-solutions.htm
- Headings will be text-based so don't use fonts that aren't "web-safe"
- Avoid drop shadows and other such effects on menu text as this will ideally be plain text.