Charleston Preferred Properties
Charleston Preferred Properties is a new real estate company located in Charleston, S.C. that will focus on representing buyers interested in purchasing residential property throughout the Charleston region. The company is exploring design options for a comprehensive website, which will be its primary sales tool. The overall framework has been developed; the current objective is to explore options for the specific design and look of the site. CPP seeks a clean, visually appealing site that is easy to navigate and presents information about Charleston and the area’s real estate offerings in a clear and concise manner. The company is looking for design ideas and layouts only, not a fully developed and programmed site.
The company’s marketing plan targets national, regional and local audiences, with an emphasis on the northeast and mid-Atlantic states in the US. Target audience is generally aged mid-30s to mid-60s, college educated and affluent. Various market segments include empty nesters, retirees, families with children and single professionals.
Overall site design, including colors, fonts and layout, for home page and two interior pages, based on framework sketches provided.
Focus on Home Page first and we'll deal with interior pages once the colors and styles are decided on. File to start with is : CPP_Home
*****UPDATED- JUNE 10TH **********
- I've uploaded a beauty shot of Charleston to use for the main pic (called Nav-Charleston) - this helps visualize the layout better. Please use.
- We'd like to see some layouts with the Logo flush Right instead of Left-
- Some of the designs use the sand and brown colors too much, making it have a desert feel instead of a coastal feel
- The boxes at the bottom are like widget boxes. They will have a border/container and may include images, text or both
Also, the quick search box should contain all these fields and in this order: I've uploaded a screenshot of what it should look like (obviously update the color scheme to match your design). Screenshot is called quicksearch box.png
Single Text Box @ Top (Area, Keyword, MLS #)
Property Type (dropdown option box)
Location (Dropdown option box)
Min Price (dropdown box) - Max Price (dropdown box)
Beds (dropdown box) - Baths (dropdown box)
SqFT (dropdown box) - Acres (dropdown box)
Features/Amenities (dropdown box)
Option 1TBD (dropdown box)
Option 2TBD (dropdown box)
SUBMIT/ SEARCH button
The company’s logo is in development. The current version being considered is attached and represents the general direction CPP is going in terms of brand identity.
Important traits relating to Charleston and the CPP brand:
• traditional and classic, but not old-fashioned or stodgy
• hospitable and friendly, welcoming
• rooted in tradition, but modern and relevant
• traditional with a "twist"
• coastal, but not "beachy"
Pay careful attention to font consistency, size and inverted text colors. Copy needs to be easy to read. Fonts selected should be consistent with brand traits.
Pay careful attention to line spacing and white space. Site needs to have a very clean layout and be easy on the eyes and not too “crowded.”