Jack rocks! We needed a designer who understands CSS and Bootstrap, and Jack is that man! Amazingly fast responses. Awesome designs. All our questions had an immediate answer and fix. Just brilliant!
- Amer Kawar
How jkody21 started their web page design journey
Hello designers. I'm a back-end developer and foodie who specializes in programming and database optimization and doing terrible graphic design work; what can I say, I know my limitations. As such, I would love to get some help from this ultra-talented community to transform my website into an amazing visual and intuitive user experience.
FoodFinder.net is a restaurant website with the following key features:
- Users can search for restaurants and menu items
- Users can rate restaurants and menu items or fill out comment cards
- Users can see the activities of other foodies and follow those with similar tastes
- After a users rates enough menu items, they will get algorithmically-generated recommendations (ala Netflix)
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Primary users are people searching for a place to eat in the United States and are between the ages of 18 and 40 (slightly more female than male).
Secondary users are restaurant owners/managers who are researching their online presence, and looking for feedback for their experience. This is a very important target for me because my next project will be a business software suite aimed at this very group.
I would like to have the following 4 pages redesigned (best viewed in Chrome, FireFox, or Safari)
- foodfinder.net (Home Page)
- foodfinder.net/find (Search Page...unauthenticated view)
- foodfinder.net/restaurant/ca/san-diego/21351/jayne-s-gastropub (Restaurant Landing...authenticated view)
The final deliverable should be 1 PSD file for each page with a layer representing each page state. Also, a list of each font with size and color per page to help when I convert to markup. Also, hex encoded colors (e.g. #ffffff) for all colors used in the design. My main goals for the design are simple, intuitive, sexy, warm, inviting, elegant, and functional. I would like to keep the header area pretty small (ala Facebook) so that meaningful content is taking up most of the screen.