How alwayswayne started their web page design journey
The existing site is at http://www.sculptorssociety.com
* The navigation should no longer be horizontal - they want it to be a left side vertical navigation with JS expanding sub-menus.
o The new nav structure/order is as follows:
+ About Us
# Mission Statement
# About Us
# President's Message
# Main Events
# Members Diary
* Darling Park
* Australia Square & MLC
# Society Awards
# Membership Application
# Membership Renewal
# Archived Bulletin Issues
# Archived Bulletin Articles
# Art Links
# Legal Support
# Join Our Mailing List
# Main Contact
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
* They like having the logo section stretch across the top of the site. The new logo they will be using is attached. If you want to invert the colours or anything for the design (eg. blue or black bg with white text) that should be ok. I think also the underline can be optional.
* The client want to keep that slideshow thing that is currently in the top left corner. It must remain on the homepage, although I think we can change the position/size etc if necessary.
* On the Sculptors page, we need to allow for the new JS search box and results display.
* For the main font they like something simple like Arial (although any sans-serif web-safe font should be ok)
* The new homepage will need to allow for similar content to what is currently there (invitation/advertisement for current exhibitions) as well as some links to Bulletin Articles (as are currently there below the big image) and possibly links to other content within the site
o The only thing to be aware of here is that it needs to be done in such a way that the staff can easily edit/update the homepage content from the existing CMS while maintaing the new design/page layout.