What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The old design makes one feel boxed in. The only things we need to salvage from the old design is the logo and color scheme. You can adjust the colors slightly, and add colors, but the dominating lime green and dark blue must remain intact. The new design should be easier to read and market. The entire layout does not need to use a blue background, however the blue background should exist wherever the logo lives. We're okay if you just want to make the header area blue and then transition into lighter shades or white so that text becomes more readable.
- Billboard/spotlight area with large screenshot or demo movie of product
- Possibly the ability to click arrows to slide from one feature/demonstration to the next in the billboard area
- Catchy headline with small blurb describing company/product
- Signup and tour buttons/links in billboard area
- Feature list with checkmarks
- Possibly testimonials/buzz
- Possibly showcase each of the 3-5 plans with a quick feature comparison
- Live Sales Chat link/button that's easily accessible
- Quick sales Q&A / FAQ
Another thing we might like to add to the homepage is perhaps a few recent blog posts/twitters/flickr photos, and maybe a picture of our office with a small little "About Slamdot" (the company) area. Some examples include the footers of blinksale.com and engineyard.com.
The final design should be delivered in PSD format.
We don't want a site that doesn't stand out. We do want to use a lot of the similarities found in the aforementioned list of sites, however we don't want to look unoriginal either. Overall, our site should make it to someone else's list of sites that they like or model after (not the other way around).