A website that lets people share the items that they want with their friends. The goal of this project is to get users to Search for items they want, add them to their Wishlist, and share their Wishlist with their friends.
Our target audience is tech savvy 16 to 40 years old. They are familiar with the internet and use social media in their daily lives.
The overall message of the site is that it is simple and an extremely small time commitment to list and share your items.
We want to have an explanatory landing page with an overview of how to use the site, followed by a Search page and Wishlist page. The Search page lets users search for products by item name and add them to their Wishlist. The Wishlist page is where people can list the items that they want.
The requirements of our site are:
- No cartoons or child-centric imagery. We want our site to be accessible to everyone and not confine its target audience.
- A clean, simple layout. Our site is very simple and the design should emphasize that.
- Modern look & feel with accompanying fonts & colors
- Full licensed access to all fonts, images, and doodads used in the design (common use is fine of course).
- We would like to note that while Birthday lists are definitely a potential use case for this product, we do not want it to be limited to birthdays. Please use a general design theme rather than a birthday-specific theme.
The deliverable file should be a layered vector format such as Adobe Illustrator.
We are commissioning the Front page and Wishlist page for this project and have attached some mock-ups below for guidance, but *please* feel free to deviate from them. We are definitely open to new ideas for the layout of our site.
The front page will be our introductory landing page. On this page, we require:
- space for a tagline (such as "Getting started takes only a minute!")
- an overview of the Wishlist setup process (Search, Add, Share)
- a call-to-action button and/or field (most likely Search)
- a place to login or create an account
The Wishlist page is the central piece of our site, where users can share the things they want. The below requirements are assuming that the Wishlist page is being viewed from a visitor's perspective.
- tabs or menu across the top of the page, below the logo (see attachments for example) with two tabs, Search & Wishlist.
- space for a tagline (such as "This is Bob's wishlist!")
- Facebook & Twitter share buttons, placed in such a way that it's clear that they share the entire Wishlist
- a prompt for you to create your own Wishlist (if you want, you can combine with tagline)
- a list of items that are on the Wishlist. Each item should include:
- image, name, & price of the item
- call-to-action button for people to indicate that they have the item
We do not have an existing website.
We don't have a logo yet either, so please feel free to just use text.
Any color scheme is fine, though we would prefer bold colors rather than pastels.
We love the front page of http://www.Evernote.com because it explains the function of the site in a graphical way that is really easy to follow. The tag line at the top stands out and is the first thing you see.
For an example of tabbed design, we really liked http://www.zennaware.com/cornerstone/index.php because it fluidly switches tabs and seamlessly integrates them into the site.