We're shooting for a more grid based, larger, and more information friendly layout. We're going to be adding a bunch of additional features to fill out the pages.
Our current site is at http://www.t206.org
We want you to design a sample homepage with complimenting content page.
We would like something clean, classy and "Web 2.0".
Please read the complete brief below to better understand the specifics.
T206 White Border Baseball Cards
Classy, Web 2.0
Accepted File Formats:
Standard Web Formats (.jpg, .gif or .png); Vector Formats (.eps, .pdf or .ai); Layered Formats (.psd or .tiff)
Please stick with the following basic requirements.
- Fonts: Arial and/or Times (or Times New Roman) throughout please.
- If You Use Rounded Corners: No less rounded than CNN.com and no more rounded than Digg.com.
- Logo: Feel free to alter it. You can download a PSD below.
- Layout Width: 970 pixels
- Columns: For the homepage feel free to get creative, but for the sub-page we would like a standard two column layout.
- General: We are shooting for the Web 2.0 look, so larger font size, tabs, contrast, smooth graidents, etc. are all encouraged. We're looking for a real knock-out, information friendly layout.
- General: Please design on a grid and keep it clean and classy.Some sites we wouldn't mind looking like:
- http://www.youtube.comDownload the new logo we would like used for the site here: http://www.t206.org/new/t206.org-logo.psd
The pages we'll need in the main navigation are:
(Feel free to order them differently, you pick.)
- Value a Card
- On eBay
- Help / FAQ
- ChecklistFor the content page if you could mock-up a little Lorem-Ipsum text and a simple registration form that would be great.
For the homepage we would like to incorporate the following:
- Currently on eBay (Tabular data of current eBay auctions)
- A few ad blocks (Nothing larger than 300x250 - definitely no towers or 468x60 banners)
- Top 10 Gallery Images (Based on # of views - tabular data with links, and possibly thumbnails)
- Top 10 Most Valuated Cards (Based on # of valuations - tabular data with text, links)
- Top 10 Links (Based on # of clicks - tabular data with text, links)
- Description of the T206 set (this could be the main text body on the homepage, you can use the current text from T206.org homepage as filler for now)
- A search input box (nothing fancy, simple input is fine)
- Login area (uname / pwd fields)
- "Register Now" type link/button/graphic - you decide - some of the benefits of registration are maintaining your own checklist, valuating cards, contest participation, image hosting, and more.
- Site News area (tabular data with headlines as links, maybe short description)
- Random gallery image, maybe? This isn't high priority If you are going to incoporate card images into the design please use some from this flickr set (it's mine):
If I end up choosing a design from this contest it will very likely result in more work for the designer as I will need more of the interior features graphically mocked up as we develop them.
Please PM me with any questions.
Thanks, and good luck to everyone!