NO CODING NEEDED–JUST PSD files - UrbanDigs.com is a blog that discusses macro economic conditions and has a focus on Manhattan real estate; new data platform backend is built
PRIZE AMOUNT IS FOR A FRESH DESIGN FOR 2 MAIN PAGES & TWEAKING OF LOGO
1. MAIN INDEX TEMPLATE – The homepage must show off all the main elements of the website. This includes blog articles from UrbanDigs writers on economy & state of the Manhattan real estate market, multiple real time data widget tables, a user registration signup spot to customize the analytics to follow reader submarket & a social element that brings all recent site activity forward . See Main Index Wireframe
2. CHART LANDING PAGE TEMPLATE – This is the webpage that a user will get to when they click on any one of the individual datapoints in the widget table. Every datapoint will have its own unique landing page that displays a longer term chart / UrbanDigs interpretation of the trend/community discussions on the trend. See Chart Landing Wireframe
Current Chart Page (we hate): http://www.urbandigs.com/charts.html
WE ARE NOT A REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE HOUSE AND DO NOT WANT A REAL ESTATE FIRM LOOK!
Rather, we are a blog that built a reputation on being unbiased and honest about what is really happening in the Manhattan real estate market WITHOUT THE BROKER SPIN that people are used to.
We fought 4 hard years to gain a trusting, unbiased, ahead of the curve reputation by writing unbiased commentary about the front lines of New York City real estate and how macro forces might affect it. The look must be the opposite of a salesy, broker look and rather should EMPOWER users by our content and the real time data tools we will offer!
Manhattan buyers, sellers, brokers, mortgage lenders, appraisers, brokerage executives, a wide wall street audience, a wide audience for anyone following the New York City real estate marketplace and the macro economic forces that ultimately affect it.
Award winning site has about 4,000 unique daily readers who come to urbandigs.com for CONTENT + REAL TIME DATA UPDATES FOR MANHATTAN REAL ESTATE. We secured new data source and built a whole new analytics platform. We now need to new facelift! Something that says cutting edge, and that keeps the reader 'ahead of the curve'. UrbanDigs is constantly featured in NY Times, NY Mag, Bloomberg, Forbes, The Real Deal, and was featured on FOX Business News.
Looking for creativity here and the designer to put themselves into the mind of one of our readers, who is about get a suite of new analytics tools to help them follow the Manhattan real estate marketplace! All backend work is done, all charts are built/designed, all data tables are built. We just need a GREAT LOOK & FEEL THAT MAXIMIZES THE USER EXPERIENCE!
DESIGNERS: FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR SPECIAL TOUCH OR TWEAK LAYOUT AS YOU SEE FIT IF YOU THINK IT WILL MAKE FOR A BETTER USER EXPERIENCE!!
Nothing dark. NO FLASH! No animation. No Large Images..Nothing fancy or flashy.
Light Earthly Greens with new/fresher LOGO and soothing color schemes wanted.
Requirements will include:
1) Main Blog Content Section - the articles of the blog. Also, we would like to create new INSERTS for this section - FROM THE FORUM, CHART TREND OF THE DAY, COMMENT OF THE DAY, etc..
2) Main Data Widget Table Section - see example of beta site - MUST BE PROMINENT as this is why people will come to this site! For the real time STATS
3) Internal Ad Spot for User Registration Signup - Main page must have enticing ad that promotes the user to SIGN UP and REGISTER to customize UrbanDigs
4) Site Activity Section - Brings all activity front & center
5) Header - w/ site nav tabs
EXAMPLE SITE WE LIKE FOR POSITIVE USER EXPERIENCE & HEADER: http://www.trulia.com/voices/ We like how their VOICES page operates and we think the ASK A QUESTION start point to participate in a new discussion should somehow be incorporated in our MAIN INDEX PAGE
EXAMPLE DRAFT WE DREW BUT HATE!: http://www.urbandigs.com/UD-analytics.jpg