Design a website for a series of short do-it-yourself assembly videos. The Company is dedicated to showing people how to assemble commonly-purchased products, such as toys, furniture, grills, etc...
Coding is not necessary; however, if you can turn your design into a full-function site, please notify us in the comments. Coding would be paid separately, initially up to $2000 and possible future hourly work as webmaster. (Separately negotiated).
Sembled (or Sembled.com)
Design the following:
1. A product landing page which will (i) show a flash-style video screen, (ii) required tools / equipment, (iii) allow for sign-up, (iv) allow for user comments, and (vv) a space to sell similar products. This page would ultimately be customized to a particular product SKU.
- Pages should feature the company name "Sembled" or "Sembled.com"
- All pages should be clean and easy-to-use/self-explanatory. Target market will be women and/or elderly people.
- Main content should be "above the fold". Below the fold content may include comments or links to other pages.
- Refer to similar sites for inspiration, but DO NOT COPY. This site should be unique. (http://www.diynetwork.com/), (http://www.lowesditv.com/), (http://www.5min.com/), (http://www.videojug.com/), or (http://www.youtube.com/).
- Related content may be appropriate to add to various pages, depending on the design. These may include (i) recently added videos, (ii) most popular videos, (iii) videos being watched, etc... Please don't go crazy - clean design is critical.
- Deliverable(s) should be an Adobe Photoshop image with well organized layers.
- Busy or complex design
- Ultra bright or off-putting color scheme
- Excessive scrolling requirements
- Prepackaged templates