How Randal Breaux started their web page design journey
Sales page template for an advanced Excel training course for accountants
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I sell an advanced training program on Microsoft Excel for Accounting and Finance professionals. I am looking for a sales page design that looks professional, and will connect with accounting types who use Excel. The page must be easy to use - in particular it must be easy to switch out the text for testing different sales letters. Hover buttons and images are ok, but I want to stay away from Flash, cascading menus, or anything else "fancy."
This course will put participants in the top 1% of Excel users, no question. It's a home study course with an online test for understanding. 40 CEU credits are awarded to CPAs taking the course by AICPA. A database of graduates is maintained for resume-checking purposes.
- Sales landing page
- Centered, fixed width design
- Practical, easily modified
- Links to Terms of Service, Contact Us, Affiliates, Blog, etc at the bottom of the page.
- Conservative color palette
- Pictures of accountants and excel-related images
- Some 3-d effects (like a shadowed border, for example)
- Something that might serve as a reminder on the cart page (like an image, logo or header banner that can be repeated in the cart to build continuity from the sales page)
- Cascading menus
- anything too glitzy (the clients are accountants - should be conservative)
- Lots of text buried in graphic images