We are not accepting new designers at the moment as we have an established direction with existing entries.
Please check back with us for our next contest. Thank you to everyone who has entered already, your designs were fantastic and provided a great selection to choose from.
Wanted: A professional looking web site design for a trade association representing independent grocers in California - Bonus Prize is Possible!
California Independent Grocers Association (CIGA) is the leading association for independently owned grocers and grocery markets, not corporate chains, for the state of California. CIGA strongly promotes small business retail grocery related outlets as a political advocate and provides programs and services to lower costs for stores. In a sense, CIGA fights for the "small guy" in a "big guy" dominated market within the state of California. California Independent Grocers Association dearly believes in their mission to give small grocers a fighting chance to compete with national or regional corporate chains.
CIGA is rebuilding their entire web site, from the design to the content. They are not a giant corporation, but need a professional look to convey an image of "strong enough to fight with the big guys".
California Independent Grocers Association
The design requested should be “light” in color. Blue is the primary color desired, but will need to be complimentary to CIGA’s chrome/grey logo, which is provided. The layout of content items should be open and clean. The design should convey professionalism and trustworthiness.
Navigation links for the front page are:
- Government Relations
- Member Services
- New Membership Information
- Programs & Services
- CIGA Trade News
- "Local Guy" Radio Program
- About CIGA
- Grocers Insurance Fund
- California Coupon Redemption CenterOn the front page, there are some specific content items that will be present:
- List of upcoming events (ordered list from CMS)- List of recently posted news items (ordered list from CMS)- Link, Banner, or Button to “CIGA Member Resources”- Link, Banner, or Button to “Government Relations”- Link, Banner, or Button to “Grocers Insurance Fund”- Link, Banner, or Button to “Coupon Redemption”The content page will not need the above items from the front page, but will have main navigation links (roughly 15 links) similar to the front page.
Logos / Artwork can be found here
There will be separate sections of the web site that will need
individual but complimentary design/layouts. These designs could just
be the same as regular content pages but with separate header/banner
graphics. If these items are included, a $250 bonus will be offered.
- Government Relations- Grocers Insurance Fund- Coupon Redemption Center
- 1 Home/Front page layout
- 1 Content page layout
- All graphics files provided in layered PSD format
- Vector graphics formats provided if/when applicableRegarding stock photography - we will purchase and provide to designer for final files. Photography from iStockPhoto (http://www.istockphoto.com) or Crestock (http://www.crestock.com) is preferred, but depending on cost, we will accept other stock photography, but it should be approved of in advance if an alternative cannot be used.
- Logo cannot be changed