I'm excellent in technology development but fall short on design excellence. If you're a strong designer then I may have a steady stream of work for you, pending the results of this project.
I need someone who can create designs that match my software development strength. From the current website you'll be able to see the direction that I've been going in and the breadth of information that is made available therein.
About me: I develop data-driven websites with advanced reporting capabilities.
- The design must be clean (Web 2.0)
- The design will amount to 4 templates - "Standard Pages" that have content pertaining to the site as a whole or multiple clubs.
- "Wide Pages" that utilize the maximum width of the screen, for maximum content space. On the website, the calendar is an example of a wide page.
- "Profile Pages" are pages about people and should have an engaging, "about me" style.
- "Location Pages" are pages about states or counties and should aim for learn more (or join).
- I believe small icons help for lists but that's up to you
- All navigation should have text, i.e. an icon should never be the only way to link to a page.
- Showing people around the site is important, where appropriate
- Showing events and recent activities is important, where appropriate
- I'm not into dark colors
- I don't think using many colors is comfortable on the eyes but I'll leave that up to you.