Inspired, professional book cover design
Get a stand out book cover design in less than 7 days, from $299
Host your own design contest and our community of talented designers will compete to create the perfect book cover design for you, or receive 100% of your money back!
- Describe your book cover design requirements
- Dozens of professional designers submit concepts for review
- Only pay for the book cover design you want to keep
Example book cover designs
How book cover design contests work
1) Compile your design brieftell me more
- Answer some simple questions about your business and the book cover design you're looking for.
- Decide on the amount you wish to pay.
2) Review & provide feedbacktell me more
- Designers submit concepts based on the brief
- Review and give feedback on designs as they are submitted
3) Pick a winning design!tell me more
- After 7 days, browse entries and pick your favorite book cover design. We'll take care of paying the winning designer.
- Complete handover - receive final high-quality files and full copyright
What our customers say
“The design project I ran on 99designs to generate ideas for the cover of my new book Becoming Superhuman was a smashing success.”View contest
“Instead of paying 1 designer for 3 versions of a book cover, we can take that same fee and work with an unlimited number of designers.”View contest
“The 99designs staff have always been helpful and available and I can actually tell by their level of support that they care about me.”View contest
Winning book cover designs
Urban Survival Guide
Urban Survival Guide required a new book cover design that ‘pops’. This book is full of tricks and insider secrets to survive natural and man-made disasters in an urban environment. It is aimed towards a US audience and should appeal to both males and females. The design itself should be dramatic, but not scary.
- Paid US$204
- Received 45 designs
How to Rob Your Bank
How to Rob Your Bank was written to educate young adults on how banks really work. It is a step-by-step guide to help them get the best possible deal from their bank. This book will be sold as an ebook first and eventually, as a printed book in the coming months. Ideally, the new design should work well in both formats. In terms of colors, blue, black, purple and silver would be preferred.
- Paid US$211
- Received 72 designs
2 for 1 Dubai
2 for 1 Dubai required a brand new book cover design for their soon to be launched voucher book. This will include special offers and deals on restaurants, attractions, health & fitness, shopping, general services and kids activities. The design should be clean, simple, bright and attractive.
- Paid US$211
- Received 24 designs
The Corn is Forever
This is a book cover for an unpublished autobiography of Gordon Black, the man who built Harris Interactive, the owner of the Harris Poll, into the largest Internet based polling firm in the world, and the fastest growing. This cover will appear on his book, which will published on a new site called authorswithoutagents.com. The cover should include a featured photograph.
- Paid US$369
- Received 85 designs
Fast Forward Academy
Fast Forward Academy is creating a test preparation guide for the Enrolled Agents Exam and require a brand new book cover design. The existing Fast Forward Academy website should be used as inspiration for the colors and style of the cover. This book will be aimed at enrolled agents, certified public accounts, financial planners and other professionals. As always, the cover should be clear, simple and eye-catching.
- Paid US$204
- Received 32 designs
The Marriage You’ve Always Dreamed Of…
A new book cover design is required for ‘The Marriage You’ve Always Dreamed Of…’. This book is aimed at young conservative women, who are about to be married. Most importantly, the cover itself should convey happiness. As secondary themes, it should also convey hope, relationships, partnerships and love. No specific colors or styles were required, so it’s open to creativity.
- Paid US$299
- Received 152 designs
Recent book cover design contests
Popular Contest Entries +77 more entries submitted by 24 designers
I am self published author currently finishing my debut novel
Popular Contest Entries +129 more entries submitted by 24 designers
My Immigration Experience
Popular Contest Entries +23 more entries submitted by 10 designers
Racy, female-driven novel set in Ocean City, Maryland
Popular Contest Entries +134 more entries submitted by 21 designers
Support my first writing project by creating a COVER FOR MY BOOK on losing weight and living healthy
My book on short time fasting needs its perfect cover. Please support my project with your unique ideas and expertise!
browse 35 more book cover design contests »
Still have questions?
- How many designers will be working on my project?
- A typical contest has dozens of designers competing to produce the best design. The more money you offer, the more designers you'll attract.
- What if I don’t like any of the designs that I get?
- We have a 100% money-back guarantee! If you don't like any designs, then simply contact us within 60 days and we'll give you a complete refund.
- How many design entries will I get to choose from?
- On average, we receive 40+ entries per book cover design contest, from dozens of different designers over a 7 day period.
- How much does it cost to run a book cover design contest?
- You set the budget! Pricing starts at $299 and in general, the more money you offer, the more book cover designs you will have to choose from.
- Will the designers tailor their designs to suit my business?
- Our designers create designs according to your requirements, so every entry to your design contest is tailor-made just for you!
- Can I get designers to revise the designs they create for me?
- Absolutely. Designers thrive on guidance, so the more feedback you provide, the better the quality of your finished product.
- 126 designs
- 1,808 open
- 215,067 contests
- $576,272 currently
- $1,730,911 designer payouts